Re: Request Regarding the "Remove SELinux" Thread

On 09/22/2007 05:27:00 PM, David Boles wrote:

I'm not a Linux only zealot but I do use it when I can.
The OS that runs
on a computer, and the computer itself, are tools for me.
I use the tool
that does the job. I don't try to drive nails with a
screwdriver.

Fair enough?  8-)
--

Fair enough for me. Save that I'm _very_ leary of zealotry of any stripe. I try hard to not label corporations or other groups of people as "bad" or "evil empire" or what have you. Not my job, nor am I well enough informed or smart enough to do the job. I do seem to be a minority opinion however.

I prefer open source software because I trained as a physical scientist. Basically, in my training and by my values, secret data is normally a bad thing. Secrets encourage liars, and honest mistakes, to persist and make life all that much harder and more confusing.

Sorry for the soapbox act. It was irritation at what I saw as grandstanding and loud soapbox oratory that set me off in the first place, and now I've gone and done it myself. And before somebody points it out, that pretty much makes me a hypacrit(sp?).