Re: Request Regarding the "Remove SELinux" Thread

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Alexander Volovics wrote:

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:08:36PM -0400, tom wrote:

Alternatively, Ubuntu, SuSe, Gentoo, and a whole raft of others are
available. I rather like Ubuntu for myself on my laptop, but that is just
me. Again, your choice.

I would take a close look before you jump!

OpenSuse comes with AppArmor
Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibbon) will also have AppArmor

I'm aware that Ubuntu will be adding AppArmor with the next release, and further since I'm on a short term release (Fiesty Fawn), the lap top will be expected to go to using AppArmor. I will just need to wait and see how things go in the next few months. No big deal.

Of course, Linux from Scratch on that machine would be a _Big Deal_, as it is coming up on 6 years old. I'm not ready for that much pain.

YMMV