Re: ATI video comes out of the closet

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:07:41 +0930
Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the past, I have done a drive swap between different hardware,

Now that I think about it, I did the same thing a couple of years ago.  It
wasn't a really big deal to me if I kept the currently-installed Fedora (or was
that Red Hat back then?) so I swapped the drive into the new box and fired it
up to see what happened.  As I recall, the only thing that I had to do was
re-work the X configuration a bit and everything just worked after that.

I was rather surprised that it actually worked, frankly.