Totem-xine artifacts

Hi
I have installed Totem-xine from livna and w32codecs on my Fedora 7
installation, and when I am playing movies I get this strange artifact:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Shaoran/Screenshot_Totem.png

The problem persists even if I use VLC or MPlayer, but it sometimes
changes character. It will sometimes play a small strip like that, or
other times it will play play downscaled and misplaced in the window,
and full screen gives me even weirder artifacts. Seeing as how it is
independent of player, I was thinking perhaps it was the graphics
driver? I am using the "intel" driver for a 940GM graphics card. Any
help on resolving this behaviour is greatly appreciated.
Let me know what other kind of info you need.
It's Totem 2.18-2 and kernel 2.6.22-1-41

Regards
Jon