Re: CUPS problem

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 15:33 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
> I do. How about disabling selinux and see if printing starts working.
> > In the environment you describe I don't see that selinux is doing
> that
> > much for you.
> >
> > As to the error below it is really mysterious.
> >
> > E [22/Aug/2007:12:42:01 +0200] Unable to set ACLs on root
> certificate

> > /var/run/cups/certs/0 is r--r---- on my machine. Setting the ACL on
> such
> > a file seems hard to say the least.
> >

> I did disable selinux, rebooted the machine, but nothing changed. So,
> this may be due to some CUPS problem.
> This is something I have never done before - should I remove and then
> download and reinstall
> the whole thing?
> Next thing may be to reinstall FC5 from the bottom and up. THAT I've
> done before :-)
>

> Brgds
> PAR
Well everyone has given it a shot and failed so I guess going back to
FC5 is an option. It does no good to say that cups works in f7. But I
guess we have run out of suggestions, Just for laughs you could file a
bugzilla including that strange error message and see if nay one among
the cups developers can recognize its meaning.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>