Re: iwl3945 and FC6

Andy Green <andy <at> warmcat.com> writes:

> You can just install the package with rpm, you don't need to fiddle with

I checked back and found that I had already installed the firmware via rpm
so this was already the later version.

> I understood that the driver or maybe the mac80211 stack chooses the
> network interface name.  Since all of the mac80211 drivers call it wlan0
> I would just get used to that I think.

I tried again - the dmesg file says that the interface was found but it
did not come up in the new kernel... anyway I will fiddle with this again
over the next few days and report back. Still with the previous kernel
iwl3945 is running nicely so the main user of this machine is happy.