Re: fedora 7 install

Jerome Kan wrote:
> Motherboard it has an onboard raid controller. As for the BIOS update no,
> but I've never tried to tinker with the BIOS before cause ive heard if you
> screw it up your motherboard is toast.
> -Jerome

Using the standard BIOS update program for your mother board/BIOS,
and the proper update BIOS, about the only way you can goof up the
BIOS update is to power down the machine while it is updating. Even
then, it may be recoverable - some machines have two copies of the
BIOS in the eePROM, or have a recovery BIOS that will let you flash
the BIOS if you manage to "screw it up". For example, I have an ASUS
P4R800-VM that will flash directly from a floppy by holding down
Alt-F2 during POST. (You have to name the BIOS image P4R800VM.ROM.)

I have lost count of the number of BIOS updates I have done without
problems. It is a lot harder to make a mistake now then it used to
be - the flashing tools normally check the image first, both to make
sure it is not corrupted, and to make sure it is the correct BIOS
for your machine.

Mikkel
--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.