Re: fedora 7 install

Jerome Kan wrote:
> My system is composed of 3 160 gb sata hdd and a 200 gb pata hdd
the bios is the same one that the motherboard came with. When I
tried to install Fedora I created a 50gb /root drive, a 2gb swap,
and a 100mb /boot. There has been something that has been bugging me
on this computer though. When I install windows I run into an issue
by where I can't install it onto one of the faster drives, rather im
stuck installing it on the pata drive. Could this be similar to the
issue you were referring to about the boot loader? And if so how
would I go about resolving it?
> -Jerome
I would try to create the /boot partition on the PATA drive and tell
GRUBG to install to the MBR of the PATA drive. It sounds like the
BIOS does not map the SATA drives. If this is the case, you need the
entire boot loader on the PATA drive.

Dumb question - do the SATA drives connect to the motherboard, or do
they connect to an add-on card?

Have you checked for a BIOS update to your machine? If the SATA
controller is on the motherboard, there may be a BIOS update that
may fix this problem.

Mikkel
--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.