Re: Cups

Karl Larsen wrote:

>> But are you using CUPS?
>> If so, how did you configure it?
>> In one of your earlier posts, you said you had no /etc/cups/printers.conf
>> , and /etc/cups/cups.conf seemed more or less empty.

>     I have the latest updated cups loaded and /etc/cups/ which has this:
>
> [root@k5di etc]# cd cups
> [root@k5di cups]# ls
> classes.conf        cupsd.conf.O  pdftops.conf      snmp.conf
> classes.conf.O      interfaces    ppd               ssl
> client.conf         lpoptions     printers.conf     subscriptions.conf
> cupsd.conf          mime.convs    printers.conf.O
> cupsd.conf.default  mime.types    pstoraster.convs
> [root@k5di cups]#
>
> And it is all working just fine.

But how did you configure CUPS?
Just installing it won't tell CUPS what printer you are using.

Incidentally, I "yum update" my machines more or less daily,
and never had any problem with printing,
so there cannot have been a universal problem with udev.

You seem to assume that if something works or does not work
on your system the same must be true on every system in the world.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366