Re: Cups

Richard England wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 18:33 -0700, Richard England wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Richard England wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

That was the point of my mail. You CAN use a parallel port printer. Even one that is not well supported. The "New CUPS" has no problem with the parallel port.

~~R

I have Karl's questiom. I can not find a parallel port option in the
latest cups. Where did you find it? Or did you have yout printer
configured before the cups update?
Zounds! I was never so bethumped with words since I first called my
brother's father dad. -- William Shakespeare, "Kind John"

It very well be that I inherited the setting from a previous udev configured CUPS configuration session. I know it was done manually on a fresh F7 install but if udev changed to remove the parallel port then that's probably why I have it but others can't generate a new one. Sounds like a new udev is already available, though.

~~R

This morning I had three updates waiting and one is for udev. I am gun shy on udev. I installed 2 but stopped the udev. Does anyone know that the new udev update is good?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User