Re: Yum, the repo, and failed dependencies

On 09/08/07, Ingemar Nilsson <init@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > Until the Fedora Updates System will be capable of blocking packages
> > (or package groups) which break dependencies, it's the responsibility
> > of the package maintainers to not break dependencies.
>
> I don't see how they can avoid this, as this usually is a result of
> delayed mirror synchronization, i.e. mirrors do not update at the same time.

Then you need to give a few examples.

An out-of-sync mirror usually serves metadata with checksum errors or
complete metadata with 404 not found for packages that haven't been
synced yet.

"Broken dependencies" on the contrary are dependency problems in the
metadata themselves.