Re: Yum, the repo, and failed dependencies

Tony Nelson wrote:

I don't think most of us have been having such issues, so it may be a
problem with some of the mirrors in the "localized" mirrorlist yum is
getting.

I don't think so, as I don't get a localized mirrorlist. The only parameters are fedora release version (7) and architecture (x86_64).

> You can see what yum is working with by fetching an instance of
the mirrorlist with wget using the mirrorlist url from, say,
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo -- be sure to fill in the variables.

I know, I've done it a few times when I had problems like this.

You would then be able to figure out which mirrors to report against
fedora-infrastructure in bugzilla, and you could set up a workaround with
each .repo file using a baseurl listing the better "nearby" mirrors.

I haven't been able to figure out which mirror Yum happens to select when it runs, so how would I know this? The mirrorlist contains hundreds of entries.

I wish yum would say which mirror it is using each time.

Me too, or at least have an option for it. It may say it with the debuglevel raised, but then there is an ocean of output to wade through.

Regards
Ingemar