Re: Cups

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 06:01 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 14:42 -0700, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 15:20 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > >       I have learned a lot today and it is all bad. Let us assume
> > the udev
> > > update I got is what ruined my printing. The obvious thing to do is
> > > delete the update. But you can not do that.
> >
> > No. The obvious thing to do is to roll back to an old udev. You would
> > do
> > this by grabbing an old version rpm then replace the new (updated)
> > package with the old one.
> >
> Ok, I'll bite. People keep talking about downgrading a yum install. I
> have never seen how to do this? The old yum rpm is no longer in the
> database that I can find.

I only said that the opposite of updating was rolling back (or
"downgrading"), not deleting. If "update" my bicycle and I don't like
the new bike, then I want my old one back; I don't want to "delete" my
bike.

Downgrading can be made much easier. I'm not sure why things aren't
configured that way by default. But that wasn't the point of my post.

> In any case it is not a udev problem. The updated cups does not support
> parallel printers. Is that not a bug?

Probably is. (I certainly never said it wasn't.) But I'm not talking
about that, either.