Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!! (OT)

> things, but it is quite surprising that Red Hat does not test on
> motherboards produced by one of the world's largest motherboard
> manufacturers, as it is the case of Gigabyte -- the producer of my
> motherboard. I believe that there are millions of computers having the
> same motherboard than mine.

I doubt that. Boards are obsolete in a few months and none sell for very
long. Also its often a particular revision of a board or a particular
BIOS, revision and combination of other bits (sometimes which PCI cards
are in which PCI slots even matters).

As the IT8212 maintainer I'm aware of I think 3 people with problems with
IT8212 hardware and lots of people without. So its hardly a common
problem on a common board.