Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!! (OT)

On 8/6/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Your statement is indeed more precise. It is obvious that F7 installs
> > correctly in many machines, otherwise one would not see so many people
> > indicating here that they have F7 installed. However, many people
> > complained (in the list) about not being able to install F7. I suspect
> > that the OP has the same problem.
>
> Well you should clarify that. I have seen instances where people were
> misled about the scope of some bugs being discussed. If you suspect that
> the OP has the same issue, you should ask for hardware information. That
> is more helpful. I don't see why you assumed it is the same problem
> however.

The OP says that F7 cannot boot; that is precisely what happens as a
result of the mentioned bug.

I indicated in my initial post the address of the bug at Bugzilla. The
OP could then compare his hardware with the hardware mentioned at
Bugzilla. No need to ask him about his hardware, I think.

> > The latest F7 kernel exhibits the same bug. Furthermore, the bug is not closed.
>
> The bug seems to waiting on folks to provide feedback. If you have
> tested with the kernel version specified and the bug is not fixed, then
> add your comments to the bug report.

At Bugzilla, I mentioned long ago the hardware that I am using, but
apparently the testing was not performed on hardware like mine, as I
am experiencing the same bug with the latest kernel. However, I can go
there, again and again, pleasantly, to report that hardware like mine
has not been tested.

Paul