Re: broadcom wireless under F7 -- the recipe(?)

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 16:10 +0930, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
> >> I think there's been enough proofs on the net that it is easy to
> >> crack, in itself.  Yes, the chances of it happening if you're not
> in
> >> the thick of things is slimmer, but don't forget that someone
> trying
> >> to steal free net (or do illegal things through someone else's
> >> internet) can do so at a distance with a good enough antenna.
>
> Aaron Konstam:
> > At home that is AT&T's problem not mine.
>
> Hmm, I wouldn't like to get into legal wrangles if someone else did
> something nefarious through *your* connection.  But leaving aside
> that,
> does your internet have limits (bandwidth limiting, monthly download
> allowances), or extra costs for downloading more than a certain
> amount?
> If so, that's another reason to guard your network.

Of course you are correct and I was just being difficult for no reason.
Well there is a slight reason. I get bothered when people overplay the
security card. The rule is that the strength of the lock on a safe
should be proportional to to the value of what is inside.

It's not enough to be Hungarian; you must have talent too. -- Alexander
Korda