Re: F 7: HP LaserJet 4000N stopped working for me via parallel port...

On 8/2/07, Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
> Nope, nothing. It's as if someone pulled the plug on it. But there's no
> error message. It did stop after I did a "yum update" and I picked up
> hplip, let's see...the new kernel and lots of other unrelated things.

You did say that you tried printing to it from another machine?  Try
the "cat /path/to/cups/data/testprint.ps > /dev/lp0" on the other
machine (with the printer connected to the parallel port).  Maybe the
parallel port on Machine 1 has gone wonky.

Some guesswork: have you tried booting from the previous kernel?  I
guess it's theoretically possible that the newer kernel isn't
creating/handling lp0 properly.  I'd be surprised if that were the
case though.

Running out of suggestions...

Chris