Re: F 7: HP LaserJet 4000N stopped working for me via parallel port...

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Chris Mohler wrote:

http://www.google.com/products?q=HP+LaserJet+4000N

Seriously, since you tried another machine and another cable it seems
that the fault lies with the printer.  Try going through the menus -
look for something like "print event log" in the "information" menu.
My 5000N just spit out a list of paper jams, but maybe there's a clue
in yours.

Nope, nothing. It's as if someone pulled the plug on it. But there's no error message. It did stop after I did a "yum update" and I picked up hplip, let's see...the new kernel and lots of other unrelated things.