Re: spam avoidance (was Re: cpu speed problem)

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 19:40 +0930, Tim wrote:

> There's a few other pains that are near the top of my mailing list
> aggrevations, too:  People sending vacation auto-replies to lists with
> hundreds of members.  People using a challenge/reponse anti-spam system
> on their mailing list subscriptions.  Those who do those stupid things
> deserve a few hundred replies back from the list members.  I belive the
> traditional Unix response is a multi-megabyte core dump.

Perhaps in colleges or other places where people who are not mature
congregate such actions may be deemed proper, but in here???

Lets not get our knickers in a knot.  This is a public forum and we
would like it to remain so.  Please keep such tendencies to yourself.

Regards,
Les H