Re: cpu speed problem

> So what are you suggesting. That when I run the laptop on power I remove
> the battery.

Modern L-ion batteries have their own private "gas gauge" using ICs like
this:

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/landing/impedancetrack/index.htm?DCMP=hpa_pmp_impedancetrk&HQS=NotApplicable%20KA%20impedancetrack

Despite the laptop is powered, it doesn't mean it is charging or doing
anything with the battery at all, consistent with what it is being told
about the battery state by the battery itself.

-Andy