Re: F7 nvidia-96xx driver problem

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Ed Greshko writes:
>
>> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>>
>>> All I see here is an endless stream of complaints about Nvidia's and
>>> ATI's non-free drivers. Problems with the other free drivers are a
>>> rarity. What does that tell you?
>>
>> Ahh... Nvidia supplied drivers are free.
>
> No, they're not. Remember that there are two definitions of free, and
> it's quite clear which definition I'm referring to.

I suspect there may be even more definitions of free.  If I steal something,
and don't get caught, it is free.  There are also multiple versions of
"free" depending on what license a given piece of software is released
under.  So, you will need to be a bit more specific.

>>> As little as I can do, I will do when it comes to free video drivers.
>>> But there's nothing that I can do when it comes to the non-free drivers.
>>
>> Yes, you can.  As mentioned earlier I've done that according the the
>> Nvidia
>> website.
>>
>> If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion
>> forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send
>> email (in English) to linux-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> So, anytime someone posts an Nvidia issue here, I tell them to go and
> talk to Nvidia. I say the same exact thing, but, yet, some people have a
> problem with it. Go figure.

That's what I did those 4 years ago...and they fixed my problem...and it was
"free of charge".

So, yes, by all means...please do point them to Nvidia for help.