Re: Smart packages

> on 7/22/2007 12:52 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>> 	Not true. I understand what he was suggesting. Now lets run through
>> this thought a bit. Lets say your wife just got interested in Linux.
>> Would you tell her to d/l the boot disk and then without help select the
>> things she wants in her desktop?  That is stupid and will not work.
>>
>> 	What she and all the other windows users want is to d/l one CD and load
>> a working system. This is all you can expect from a normal windows user.
>>
>> 	This is why you need to think like I did and make a real effort to do
>> this. If not then Fedora will remain a Geek's toy.

Interesting - you were talking about a server install, and got an
answer about how to do a server install without downloading a bunch
of stuff you didn't want. Now you are complaining that you that
doing a desktop install using the server install method is too hard
for your wife. (Without checking out what is involved as well.) The
funny part is that you were also given the information on how to do
a desktop install, but you were too lazy to check that out as well.
Your posts indicate that you have no idea about what he was talking
about.

You seem to be under the impression that Fedora is, or should be,
targeted at "normal Windows users". As others have tried to point
out to you, this is NOT the case. I know it is hard for you to
understand, but different Linux distributions are targeted at
different types of users. It is not like Windows, where they try to
produce a "one size fits all" package. If you want to consider
Fedora a "geek's toy", feel free. That is closer to the target it is
aimed at then "normal Windows users" would be.

Mikkel