Re: yum downloadonly

Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 23:38 -0500, Justin W wrote:
I didn't feel like modifying a directory yum uses

So long as you don't do it while you're using yum, I've not had a
problem with removing files from the cache.  It'll get them again, if it
needs them.  The database that's kept covers what's installed on your
box, not which install RPMs are cached.

I've even dropped files into its cache, from another PC, to avoid
downloading them again when I was on dialup.  That worked fine, too.
I've added packages before, but I was referring to the extra 'repodata' directory and its contents which are created by createrepo in order to follow the instructions I gave. I just don't want to add files that don't belong there.