Re: How can i make a wireless connection in the command line?

Chris wrote:

> Shouldn't the Op be able to do something like this?
>
> ifconfig wi0 ssid Skippy wepmode on wepkey 0x01122334455667788aabbccddee
>
> When I ran FreeBSD - this is how I setup my lappy.

As far as I know, the version of ifconfig used by Linux does not
understand wireless extensions. So you would need to use iwconfig
instead. You also have to specify the correct interface name for
iwconfig. Something like:

iwconfig eth0 essid Skippy mode managed key 01122334455667788aabbccddee

or

iwconfig wlan0 essid Skippy mode managed key restricted
01122334455667788aabbccddee

Mikkel