Re: How can i make a wireless connection in the command line?

Aaronk,
following Manuel:
> > You might need to change the ifcfg-ethX
> > with something like:
> >
> > DEVICE=eth0
> > USERCTL=no
> > ONBOOT=yes
> > BOOTPROTO=none
> > BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
> > NETWORK=192.168.1.0
> > NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> > IPADDR=192.168.1.5
> >
> > Then
> > Your /etc/sysconfig/network file would be:
> >
> > NETWORKING=yes
> > HOSTNAME=foo
> > GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
Does not work with my wlan  adapter eventhough I
configured the AP with static assignments. If I use
dhcp it works. This is my script that I run:
#!/bin/bash
#Wireless script
#Author: Ed Landaveri
#Date: 06/08/2007
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
iwconfig wlan0 essid myessid
dhclient
echo $?

Then my wlan adapter works. You can use it as a three
separated commands or group them as a script as I did

Regards

Linux user number 433512
"Free as in Freedom":
http://counter.li.org