Re: How can i make a wireless connection in the command line?

i know that networkmanager and knetworkmanager are running.. both are
installed by default on Fedora 7. i don't know of
notworkmanagerdispatcher.. never seen it running and i didn't install
it.

2007/7/13, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 17:38 +0200, Mark wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply.. i completely forgot about this topic
> I just had the issue again..
>
> It's going all fine when i do: a cable connection or a wireless
> connection (can only be done once)
> i just needed to restart my network for firewall changes to apply
> (/etc/init/d/network restart) and AGAIN wlan wasn't getting back up.
> when i do that even knetworkmanager can't get it back up again.
> (service NetworkManager restart didn't help) so somehow i only seem to
> be able to make 1 wireless connection with just knetworkmanager. if i
> lose that connection that i HAVE to restart to get it working again
> and that's really frustrating (linux isn't exactly FAST at booting).
> so is there any way to get back to a clean state with knetworkmanager
> when you have just lost the connection? or is there any way to get the
> wireless connection working normally again when restarting the network
> with the init script?
>
> Thanx,
> Mark
We have a little confusion here. When NetworkManager,
NetworkManagerDispatcher or knetworkmanager are running network should
not be running. You seem to be running all of them at the same time
which is bound to result in a mess.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>