Re: Need File Thumbnails ?

At 10:28 AM +0200 7/14/07, Andrea Mastellone wrote:
>Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:13:25 -0400
>> William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I am truly flummoxed.
>>
>> Try setting up a new user and see what happens there.
>>

>Just a small tip. Recently, Nautilus did not show me the thumbnails of
>some files (png and jpeg). By Google, I found this file
>
>~/.local/share/mime/globs
>
>and deleted the png and jpeg entries herein, and all went fine.

According to
<http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/mimetypes-database.html>
(found by googling update-mime-database), one should look for an offending
file in ~/.local/share/mime/packages, perhaps remove it, and run
"update-mime-database ~/.local/share".  See also the uninformative "man
update-mime-database" (found by looking at ~/.local/share/mime/globs).  I
think that just removing entries in globs might allow the entries to return
the next time an application adds a file to packages and runs
update-mime-database.