Re: Need File Thumbnails ?

Hi Frank;

I am replying to you directly because you emailed me directly, but I
cc'd the list because others may be having a similar problem or someone
has an answer.

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 11:17 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:04:39 -0400
> William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Nautilus does that for most image types, but not for *.png -- at least
> > not for me.  Getting old; memories going; but I thought I used to be
> > able to get a thumbnail with *.png.  Checked non-TuxPaint *.png; didn't
> > display either.
>
> Nautilus displays png previews for me here.  I just checked to be sure.
>
> I'm running F7 at the moment, and I'm sure it did the same on FC6 and earlier
> too.  I find the image preview to be very handy when selecting clipart and the
> like.

Well my png is definitely not working.

I don't want to run off screaming bug, bug.  I could easily have
clicked, enabled or disabled something unintentionally.  But I have
searched everywhere I can think of, double checked in gconfig-editor
etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate them.

(e.g. in gconfig-editor ==> gnome ==> thumbnailers there is a long list
of applications@ ... that are all enabled.  I am not sure what they are
exactly but they look like MIME types.  Maybe I am missing something in
there ??)

--
Regards Bill