Re: Fedora 7 Update: vim-7.1.12-1.fc7

Tim:
>> Don could parse the whole update message.

Don Russell:
> Yes, I'm giving that some thought... I'm not sure of exactly how to
> parse the text after the checksum.... the dash (-) is not a consistent
> delimiter between package name, version, release. That's why I did not
> try to parse the subject line in the first place, the body has things
> spelled out near the beginning... alas, it's describing the SOURCE... :-(

Don't you need the whole name "vim-whatever", not just "whatever"?

> So, if I can grab thelist of packages at the end of the e-mail, then
> perhaps parse right to left, by dash, into three parts....
> i.e. vim-enhanced-v.v.v-r.r.r
> Break that into (right to left: r.r.r, v.v.v and what ever is left after
> that is the package name to see if I have it installed.

Looking at some of the message contents:

8220d63dc07defafcd8c2f669685ee9643233a8a vim-debuginfo-7.1.12-1.fc7.i386.rpm

How about, presuming all the checksums are the same length, there's a
blank space between it and package names, using the whole packagename.

Of course you'd need to look for lines with them both together.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.