Fedora 7 Update: vim-7.1.12-1.fc7

I received this update message on the fedora-package-announce list this morning:
Fedora 7 Update: vim-7.1.12-1.fc7

I used rpm -q vim to see which version I already have and was very surprised at the result:
package vim is not installed

Say what? I use vim all the time.

"yum whatprovides vim" told me vim is provided by vim-enhanced

Q: Why does this cause me grief?
A: I have automated mail handling that determines if these update notices apply to my system, discarding those that do not (because I already have the specified version installed, or the packageis not installed at all)

So, when I see there's an update to "vim", my code does an rpm -q vim to see if vim is installed, and since that's not the correct name of the package, I get a false negative.

What would it take to have this package actually be called vim-enhanced in the update notice?

Or, perhaps to be more robust, if I get a "package not installed", I should dig deeper before deciding it doesn't aply and do a"what provides..." then check THAT result.