Re: Formatting CDs

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 08:26 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I don't know what to respond to people who won't admit there is an
> advantage to being able to treat a CD-RW as if it is a hard-drive.

Well, more like a giant floppy than a hard drive (tedius, slow, and not
too reliably).

I have played with InCD, in the past.  You needed appropriate drivers to
read files written that way on any system that needs to read the disc
(hence why it's warned against using it for backups, or anything
important).  I'd imagine that driver problem still exists in Windows,
unless Windows came with extra, special, drivers by now.  Though the
various packet schemes used to be incompatible with each other (Nero's
versus others).

It's something you have to test rather than just depend on.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.