Re: Formatting CDs

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 08:48 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >> I don't think anyone managed to be sure he understood your question.
> >> I know I didn't. Please define "format a CDRW".
> >
> > Well its discouraging since I expalined it several times. I want to do
> > to the CD-RW the same thing you do when you formatted a floppy. Once it
> > is formatted you could mount it and use it like you use a hard drive.
> > Copy files to it using cp, remove files from it using rm, etc.
>
> The only media I know capable of this is DVD-RAM.
That was my original point. You can format CD-RW under windows and use
them under fedora but you can't format them under fedora.
Why not one might ask?
Gunter's Airborne Discoveries: (1) When you are served a meal aboard an
aircraft, the aircraft will encounter turbulence. (2) The strength of
the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your
coffee.