Re: Volume Control use

On 23/06/07, Chris Jones wrote:

>     Well that's a good story. Please let me be one who doesn't believe
> you. This is because there are now 3 people working on the bug I wrote
> today! I doubt that those working on the bugs are more stupid than you?

Why do you find it so hard to believe that something that is a problem for you
isn't a problem for other people.

FWIW, I don't see the problem you are having either. I am running F7 and am
fully updated.

Well, in F7 it is reproducible here. I double-click on the default
speaker icon in the GNOME panel to launch the "Volume Control" app,
and there I only see one "Playback" tab which also hosts the
"Microphone" input channel. When I use the "File > Change Device" menu
to switch from ALSA to OSS, I get back the "Recording" tab, but it
hosts "Volume", "Line-in", "Microphone" and "CD", while the "Playback"
tab is empty except for the "Speaker" channel. So, overall,
gnome-volume-control is heavily confused somehow in displaying the
mixer channels.

What would help with regard to Karl's way of replying to emails is to
stay in a thread and use a few small quotes to make clear what he
replies to.