Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

On Friday 22 June 2007 21:46, Chris Jones wrote:
> > There are no CD iso's available. Full stop. Whoever decided that should
> > have thought folks with no DVD ROM drives.
>
> This is plain wrong. The live CDs are installable.

I made no mention of Live CD's. I'm talking about sets of CD iso's that were
available for FC6 and previous versions of  FC.

For example I'm on dialup. I normally download the first disk, and make sure
that it will boot. The F7 disk 1, that I dl'd from John Reiser's site booted
ok, and I took it as far as the custom partitioning page, so, on the face of
it the install will go ok with the rest of the disks. If I were to DL the
DVD, I would need to take perhaps 8 or 9 days to get the DVD. Now I try the
DVD, and it won't boot, or it boots, and there are problems with the install.

Seriously. I don't want to waste 8, or 9 days of dialup bandwidth, just to
find that I've wasted my time.

I just cannot understand why Fedora are not making CD sets available.

> Chris

Nigel.