Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

> I made no mention of Live CD's. I'm talking about sets of CD iso's that
> were available for FC6 and previous versions of  FC.
>
> For example I'm on dialup. I normally download the first disk, and make
> sure that it will boot. The F7 disk 1, that I dl'd from John Reiser's site
> booted ok, and I took it as far as the custom partitioning page, so, on the
> face of it the install will go ok with the rest of the disks. If I were to
> DL the DVD, I would need to take perhaps 8 or 9 days to get the DVD. Now I
> try the DVD, and it won't boot, or it boots, and there are problems with
> the install.
>
> Seriously. I don't want to waste 8, or 9 days of dialup bandwidth, just to
> find that I've wasted my time.

Can you not do just the same with the live CD ?

1. You download the 1 CD, as before.

2. You test it works by booting to it.

3. At this point, you don't have to bother downloading the all the other CDs,
just do the install/upgrade from the CD.

4. Once you have installed your system you can then add via yum the packages
that you would have previously got via the additional install CDs.

In fact, it seems to me you actually install less this way, since you won't
have to download the entire content of each CD, just to get the few packages
you actually want from each (unless of course you did an "Everything"
install, which also no longer exists ;) )

Chris