Re: Brief diary of an F-7 installation

Les Mikesell wrote:
Surely no one who plans on having more than
one subdirectory would voluntarily pick a file manager that leaves an
open window at every level if an alternative were presented in an equal context during installation.

I have to agree with you on this problem. The defaults for nautilus are insane. Also needing to set choices like text in bar vs. worthless icon displays is getting harder to configure. The choices should be browser mode as default and the preference screen should have more selections vs. scrambling through gconf-editor which needs to be installed so you can change bad (IMO) program system behavior options.

Why would a new user know/care about this instead of just going back to whatever OS they used before when they get annoyed with nautilus behavior?

Good point! I would think that the system was as advanced as nt4 and think. " Turn back! You been down that road before. The bridge is still out! "

Jim