Re: tons of spam

Ed Greshko wrote:
jdow wrote:

Before you get abusive like this Ed, it'd be wise to check if he has
actually
used the address to send an email to a Fedora list. He has not, within
the last
month and a half, sent any to any Fedora list to which I am subscribed.
If he
has NEVER sent a message with the gasjr4wd username before then he
might have a case. It does not look like a random ID, so I suspect he has
used it before elsewhere and the spam usage is coincidental.

Well, if you consider it abusive I will take it under advisement.

Yet, I just can't reconcile how one can attribute an increase in spam to the
relative worth of a Linux distribution.

Be that as it may, I always use my real email address in all of lists I'm
subscribed to.  Yet, the spam that reaches my inbox is very, very small
since I know what measures to take.  Yes, I overestimate the power of others
on this list.

Thanks,
Ed

This is much ado about nothing. I joined the list about the same time and if anything, the amount of spam I receive has got smaller. There is no way this list can control how much spam you get. Period.

Karl