Re: FC7 Samba

<-------------------------[ SNIP ]---------------------------->

> # A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
> # the "staff" group
>     [public]
> comment = Public Stuff
> path = /home/antonio/staff
> public = yes
> writable = yes
> printable = no
> ;    write list = +staff

Dumb question - what are the permissions on /home/antonio and
/home/antonio/staff? /home/antonio/ should be executable by
everybody. (Executable on a directory means you can search it.)
/home/antonio/staff will need to be readable/executable by everyone.
If you want to write to it, it needs to be writable by the users you
want to be able to write to it.

You can get around this by using the force user or force group
option, and setting the permissions so the user or group you use has
access.

Mikkel