Re: tons of spam

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 06:50 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> There is no way this list can control how much spam you get.

Not directly, but there are various measures that mailing list software
can do to mitigate against them causing more spam:

Making it harder for robots to subscribe themselves.
Not supplying lists of members on demand.
Munging e-mail addresses written in message bodies.
Removing personal addresses from to, CC, reply-to, and from headers.

And there's probably a few others that don't occur to me at the moment.
But, having said that, not all of them are a good idea to do.  Some
anonymising schemes have nasty consequences.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.