Re: Any experience with Lenovo N100 or ACER AS5103?

Alan Cox wrote:
It'd be nice to hear from someone using
an Intel 3945ABG chipset.

Intel 3945 should work with the firmware files, and Intel are working on
making it work seamlessly in all cases. May need FC7 but you'll get
actual 3D, and wireless or at the worst someone wanting to fix it.

This is good to know; it makes it much easier when looking for
wireless support.

Graphics are ATI which I'm a bit wary of.

Some broadcom work by reverse engineering, atheros have a partially
binary driver that may or may not work, ATI graphics are beyond hope.

Yes AMD have promised to do stuff, but they've been promising and not
delivering in this area for rather a long time so personally I don't
believe it.

I'd written ATI off some time ago, but was half-hoping someone
would jump up and say 'works fine here'.  Probably just as well
they haven't.  Bit of a pity AMD bought ATI, since so many of
the AMD laptops are now ATI onboard.  Looks like Intel all the
way then.

Anyhow, thanks for your advice.

--
imalone