Re: Any experience with Lenovo N100 or ACER AS5103?

> Lenovo N100 (0768) http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4K3D
> The Lenovo Linux support page seems to list it, but the details it gives don't
> quite match (the one I'm looking at has Intel GMA950 graphics rather
> than Nvidia for a start).  It also gets a fail on wireless, though I've
> seen elsewhere this should work.  It'd be nice to hear from someone using
> an Intel 3945ABG chipset.

Intel 3945 should work with the firmware files, and Intel are working on
making it work seamlessly in all cases. May need FC7 but you'll get
actual 3D, and wireless or at the worst someone wanting to fix it.

> Acer AS5103 http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4F5Y
> Wireless is really odd, since they've decided to give it their own
> branding. Write-ups for similar model numbers mention both Atheros
> and Broadcom; not sure if these are different drivers for the same
> chipset or completely different chipsets (one page in particular has
> the two alongside).  Graphics are ATI which I'm a bit wary of.

Some broadcom work by reverse engineering, atheros have a partially
binary driver that may or may not work, ATI graphics are beyond hope.

Yes AMD have promised to do stuff, but they've been promising and not
delivering in this area for rather a long time so personally I don't
believe it.

Alan