Re: Finally got around top putting F7 on my lappy & need a radio

On Saturday 02 June 2007, Sebastian Gottschall wrote:

Since part of this is F7 problems on the lappy, I've also copied this to
the fedora list.

>Gene Heskett schrieb:
>> On Saturday 02 June 2007, Sebastian Gottschall wrote:
>>> Gene Heskett schrieb:

[snip]

>> This seems to have worked except I cannot get it to service DHCP requests
>> coming in over ath0, or then to allow a packet to go past even if I give it static addresses.
>
>the following steps are needed. turn the wireless interface you want to
>client mode

Since the lappy is the client, and the atheros card in the x86 dd-wrt box is the AP,
I've put that in the lappies /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 profile, then did
an ifdown wlan0;ifup wlan0, but it rejects that with:

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8b06) :
	invalid argument "Client"

And the ifup rapidly terminates, and I just noticed it is saying this:
-------
Determining IP Information for wlan0.../etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth: line 273: 3134 Terminated	/sbin/dhclient ${DHCLIENTARGS} ${DEVICE}
failed
-------

So how the heck did ifup-eth get involved?

I have very carefully gone around on the lappy and killed anything that
comes even close to resembling the NetworkManager stuffs, but there is a
krfcommd that I can't find out anything about it other than its unkillable.
Or was, I can't find it now. Maybe it finally got the message that it was killed :)

>and then go to setup and enable wan to dhcp or whatever you
>want.

There doesn't seem to be any such options in the dd-wrt's 'setup' page.

>the client mode uses the wan setup for dhcp client resolve
>
>> What is the secret to making that work?

Anybody on the fedora list with any ideas, turn green and jump right in, please.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)