Re: Installation of Fedora 7 no go

--- M Daniel R Magarzo <4.mdr.magarzo@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> El sáb, 02-06-2007 a las 15:37 +0100, Timothy Murphy
> escribió:
>

> > Personally, I never let Fedora partition my disk.
> > The Fedora disk partitioner is appallingly bad,
> > and has been getting steadily worse with
> successive distributions.
> >
> > If I want to partition my disk, I use a sensible
> program
> > like fdisk under knoppix.
> > Then I install Fedora, making sure I don't let it
> > alter my partitions.
> >
> > --
> > Timothy Murphy
>
> Me too.
> That's exactly what I think since FC1 times.
>
> Cheers
>

> --

I have done several installs with partitions already
made

/boot partion 100 MB ext3
swap partion 1024 MB
and a
root partion of 15GB with a machine triple booting
windows/FC3/FC5 Test 2

It worked.  I created the partions with cfdisk from
Slax live cd.  I have also used SystemRescueCD and
Gparted Live CD to create partitions.  However, for
one reason or another Fedora always wants to reformat
the root partion, and I let it so that It will let me
proceed with the install.  This time, I had other
partitions and it did not cooperate.  I deleted the
other partitions and tried to let Fedora Installer do
it its way and still did not succeed with the Install
DVD.

BTW,
The failed installation from the DVD, was made up for
by the LiveCD.  Install succeed from LiveCD.  Sorry
for the noise.

Regards,

Antonio

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC