Re: Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem

On Tue, 29 May 2007 13:08:06 +0930
Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't have a problem with the FOSS stance with Fedora.  There's plenty
> of other Linux distros for those who don't care about that.

I agree completely.

Putting Nvidia and ATI proprietary drivers in Fedora will, as my grandmother
used to say, only encourage them.

Linux is a small but growing market.  Companies who wish to participate in that
market must play by the rules of that market, just as companies who wish to
market their products in any given country must abide by the local laws and
customs if they plan to actually sell any product.

One of the current principles of the market in regard to Fedora is no
closed-source drivers.  Other distributions and other operating systems see it
differently and as such may be more suited to the needs of people who require
closed-source drivers.  I really have no problem with that at all.  The right
tool for the job and all that.