Re: Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 23:12 -0400, Mail List wrote:
>     Honestly - the intent is pretty clear - changing the install script seems
> fine from a layman's point of view - but instead of us playing silly one
> could just ask nvidia if its ok ... and engage a discussion - they have been
> very helpful in providing working drivers and they may be quite willing to
> assist further.
>
>      I'd suggest open a dialogue - that way you don't need to argue at all.

It's really pointless arguing along those lines, anyway.  We have Livna
that already does it for us (provides a modified installation).

NVidia's own driver is not FOSS, and it doesn't look like it'll ever be,
that's the only thing worth us trying to communicate to NVidia.  And
that alone (being non-FOSS) is going to preclude it from inclusion in
Fedora.

I don't have a problem with the FOSS stance with Fedora.  There's plenty
of other Linux distros for those who don't care about that.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.