Re: help with apache

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 08:58 -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
> I take it that this command will actually build a whole file then of
> the needed directives?

Well, you can use it to strip out all the comments from a configuration
file, which *can* help in some ways:  You've got less to have to read
through, which can be easier on the eyes or ears.  The computer has less
to parse, so some services will start up quicker (that can be quite
significant on some slower computers).

But you don't need to do it.  I really only suggested it as a way of
someone to look through a long configuration file, for ease of reading
(re: Andreas Bernauer's comment about how some people mightn't be
willing to trawl through a 100 line configuration file for you, on the
mailing list).

And, I dare say, that if you had to wade through that configuration file
a few times with a text-to-speech converter, you might get sick of all
the comments, too.  But it's handy to keep a commented file somewhere,
as it gives you hints.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.