Re: Grub problem

Frank Tanner III:
>> As funny as this sounds, we had a cleaning person that was unplugging a
>> server from a PDU to plug in his fricken buffer when he came through to
>> buff the hall-way outside of the server room.

Not as bad as hearing the same tale about life support machines in a
hospital.  I'm sure that's an urban myth though, the monitor alarms
would go off.

Tod:
> I just spoke to my contact and the keyboardless operation was the cause
> of the grub hanging problem.  He plugged in the keyboard, init 6, and
> everything came up fine.  I was sure if that was the issue the BIOS
> would have complained but I've been wrong before.

I had to put a video card in what I wanted as a headless server.  It
flatly refused to boot without one, even after jiggering the BIOS
options all over the place.

I guess you've got four options:
      * Change motherboard
      * Change BIOS settings
      * Leave a keyboard plugged in
      * Rip the small circuit board out of a keyboard, and have that
        plugged in (if a whole huge keyboard is too much to leave with
        the gear)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.