Re: Email ???

Ed Greshko wrote (separately):
> You are incorrect on several counts.

> You need to understand the meaning of "should" v.s. "must".

> I think you have no idea of what you speak.

> Ah, yes, well spoken from someone with no idea as to how things work.

I've been trying to formulate a response for some time. I think I'd
better be blunt.

Ed, I think these statements are combative, unhelpful, and basically
rude. I can put up with the first and the last, but if you're going to
make such statements, please back them up.

In particular:
> I think you have no idea of what you speak.
was your sole comment to a long paragraph of mine. You didn't even begin
to tell me or the list *why* you thought I was wrong. Neither I nor
anyone else had the opportunity to benefit from your vast knowledge.

> Ah, yes, well spoken from someone with no idea as to how things work.
was, at best, cheap, belittling, and designed to Put Me In My Place.

These e-mails are counter-productive. If you had addressed them to a new
user, they may well have driven them out of the community. If read by
new users, they may give the impression that the list is hostile.

It hasn't been, in the past. Don't make it change.

James.