Re: Switching to libata drivers

John Wendel wrote:
> I've already built the new kernel ( 2.6.21 vanilla, released yesterday
> ). For now, I left the old IDE drivers in the build (as well as the
> SATA drivers I need) because I wasn't sure what would break if I
> dropped the old IDE drivers without doing some prep work first.

I understand that on a standard Fedora install, things should Just Work.
If you've changed fstab or grub.conf to refer to partitions as
/dev/hdxy, then you'll have problems.

One other potential problem -- if you have more than eleven logical
partitions on one disk, Linux will not be able to "see" them all. This
has to do with current limits on device numbering.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | a11y: There's a sense of irony in a term defining
aprilcottage.co.uk | accessibility which makes non tech savvy people go