Re: Switching to libata drivers

Kam Leo wrote:
On 4/27/07, John Wendel <john.wendel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to switch my PATA drives to use the new libata drivers instead of the old ide drivers. Can someone point me to a howto
or other document that explains what I need to change.

Thanks,

John

Get hold of the source code (http://kernel.org) and compile/build a
new kernel.

I've already built the new kernel ( 2.6.21 vanilla, released yesterday
). For now, I left the old IDE drivers in the build (as well as the
SATA drivers I need) because I wasn't sure what would break if I
dropped the old IDE drivers without doing some prep work first.

Thanks,

John